Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Catherine Zeta Jones Opens Up on Dealing with Michael Douglas's Cancer, Her Bipolar Disorder

Even with a life in the spotlight, Catherine Zeta Jones has managed to keep her struggles with bipolar disorder and husband Michael Douglas's cancer quiet these past few years.

Now, the "Chicago" star is opening up to The Telegraph on how the tough times affected her and how she dealt with them.

Revealing her reaction to her hubby's illness, the 43-year-old actress admits, "When Michael was diagnosed with cancer I really thought, ?You are going to have to wipe me off the floor.? I haven?t had to deal with anything like that before, ever,? she continues. ?I didn?t know what to do. I thought I didn?t have the [emotional] tools to cope. I wasn?t as strong as I thought I could have been.?

However, now that the worst of it has passed, she says of the ordeal, "It did make us closer." Along with dealing with Michael's health issues, Catherine had to keep an eye on her own bipolar disorder.

Sharing her own struggles, Ms. Zeta Jones candidly explained, "When you get sideswiped like that [with Douglas? illness] it?s an obvious trigger for your balance to be a little bit off ? not sleeping, worry, stress. It?s a classic trigger. I?m not the only person who suffers with it or has to deal with it on a day-to-day basis. So if I?ve helped anybody by discussing bipolar or depression, that?s great.?

As for how she's doing now, Catherine concludes, "I get a bit gloomy when it?s gloomy. But I?m looking forward to the sun, my kids are doing great at school. I am very happy; we live a blessed life.??

Heidi Montag Hilarie Burton Hilary Duff Hilary Swank

No comments:

Post a Comment