Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Melissa McCarthy Covers Ladies' Home Journal May 2012

With the second season finale of her show "Mike & Molly" just upon us, Melissa McCarthy added to her promotions by landing the cover of the May 2012 issue of Ladies' Home Journal.

The 41-year-old Illinois native showed off her endearing smile for the Brigitte Lacombe shot front page while dishing to the magazine about everything from what makes her nervous to meeting her husband.

Highlights from Miss McCarthy's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Ladies' Home Journal!

On what makes her nervous:
"A still camera ? you know, just being myself. What am I supposed to do? Left to my own devices I look like this [she makes an insane frozen Cheshire cat grin], like the worst grade school photo ever. It's so much easier for me to play a character."

On how she got into comedy:
"It wasn't exactly my goal. One day Brian and I were standing in line at the grocery store and he saw an ad in the Village Voice for an open mic at a comedy club and said, 'You're going to do standup.'"

On meeting her husband:
"Ben and I have been married seven years, but together for 12. He was one of my best friends. When we were at the Groundlings we'd all go out after a show and have a couple of beers. When other people would start to leave Ben and I would stay saying, 'I'm going to have just one more beer.' It was like we risked becoming raging alcoholics just to finally be like, 'I really like you.'"

Georgina Grenville Gina Carano Gina Gershon Gina Philips

No comments:

Post a Comment