Monday, November 11, 2013

Ke$ha 'Gives So Many F---s' About Her New Album

'On this record, I said, 'Let's leave the tricks to a minimum and let me wail,' ' Ke$ha tells Rolling Stone about her 'vulnerable' album.
By James Montgomery

<P>Last month, seemingly against the will of his employer, super producer Dr. Luke leaked a snippet of a song called <a href="/news/articles/1686772/kesha-supernatural-single.jhtml">"Supernatural,"</a> a walloping slab of electro-pop presumably set to be featured on <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/kesha_/artist.jhtml">Ke$ha</a>'s long-in-the-works new album.</P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="Ke$ha Says New Album Will Be ' Balls-Out, Irreverent Rock'" id="vid:652875" width="415" height="255"></div><p></P><P>"You leaked my song about me having sexy time with a ghost!" Ke$h subsequently tweeted at Luke." Now everyone knows I get it on with ghosts!"</P><P>Of course, we're assuming Ke$ha was just feigning outrage at the sneak peek, because in an interview in the new issue of <i>Rolling Stone,</i> she speaks in-depth about her upcoming album (tentatively due later this year), saying that it melds her Auto-Tuned, pop-heavy past with her current, <a href="/news/articles/1663946/kesha-new-album.jhtml">classic rock-indebted present</a>.</P><P>"I want it to be a mix of what works on the radio and what I listen to in my spare time," she said. "I'm on a steady diet of T. Rex and Iggy Pop."</P><P>Ke$ha and Luke also previewed a handful of tracks for the magazine (they have 17 songs in various forms of completion), including "Die Young," the aforementioned "Supernatural" and "Last Goodbye." Tentative guest stars include Flaming Lips' main man Wayne Coyne &#8212; who, back in May, <a href="/news/articles/1685827/kesha-flaming-lips-tattoo.jhtml">spoke to MTV News</a> about working with the singer &#8212; Pop and Black Keys' drummer Patrick Carney. And unlike her previous <i>Animal</i> and <i>Cannibal</i> albums, Ke$ha said that, on her new record, she's not afraid to get deep.</P><P>"The first two records talked more about partying, which is a great, magical part of life. But some songs on the new record are more personal and vulnerable," she said. "And you can hear more of the music I listen to when I'm lying in my bed. I'm not claiming that it's a rock record, but as long as it's f---ing good, you can call it whatever you want."</P><P>And though Ke$ha's worked hard at cultivating her hard-partying persona, her new album is very much a labor of love ... not to mention a nod to the naysayers who dismissed her as nothing more than a flash in the pan.</P><P>"About 90 percent of the time, I don't give a f---. But I give so many f---s about this album," she said. "Some people weren't sure if I could sing. On this record, I said 'Let's leave the tricks to a minimum and let me <i>wail.</i>' "</P><P><i>What do you hope to hear on Ke$ha's upcoming album? Leave your comment below!</i></P>

Related Artists

Carla Gugino Carmen Electra Carol Grow Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment